Start creating your own sewing patterns straight away with this Live pattern cutting class with Sarah.
What will you learn from this class:
What pattern cutting tools you need and how to use them properly
How to get the best results from pattern cutting
How to manipulate darts using the pivot and slash methods (and of course what they are)
How to create style lines and add gathers
How to finish your patterns ready for cutting out and sewing
Top pattern cutting tips and tricks along the way
What level is the class?
This class is ideal if you're new to pattern cutting or if you'd like a little refresher on the basics. I recommend that you have some experience of sewing patterns but that's all.
What will you get:
A 90-minute live session with me (Sarah)
Question time with me
An email after purchase on what you'll need for the class as well as our half-sized front and back bodice blocks to be printed prior to the class
A link to the Zoom class on the day
After the class, I’ll be sending over an eBook with step by step illustrations of the techniques from the class, my Pattern Cutting Checklist as well as a recording of the class
What you will need for the class:
- Pattern cutting ruler if possible, if not a large set square will work or any 30cm ruler if that's not possible
- A4 paper - Scrap paper is fine, we’re just going to be trying out ideas so it doesn’t have to be fancy
- Paper scissors
- Rubber (eraser)
- Propelling pencil either with 0.3/0.5mm leads (or normal pencil if this isn't possible)
- Sticky tape - you’ll want to be able to write on it so it’s best to use either narrow brown paper tape (1cm) wide if possible) or scotch tape
Zoom - Free video conferencing software, you can download it here
Laptop/computer/tablet so you can easily see the class
The class will take place on Thursday 9th July from 3 PM to 5 PM BST
If you have any questions about this class or anything else, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll be more than happy to help.
***If you would like any sewing supplies please come over to our organic sewing shop ***
Live Class - The Basics of Pattern Cutting - Thursday 9th July at 3pm BST
- You will receive a link to download the half-sized blocks followed by an email with all the class instructions, list of tools required and a link to download Zoom
- 30 minutes prior to the class, I will send a Zoom link out to all participants.